General Manager North America
Location: San Clemente
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Reports to: CEOLocation: San Clemente, USARegion: North America
(USA, Canada and Central America)ROLE PURPOSEThe General Manager of
North America is responsible for driving sales growth and brand
awareness together with managing the day-to-day operations of the
Rip Curl business. This position is responsible for motivating our
crew to fulfil the Company Vision and uphold the Company Principles
& Values to deliver on agreed strategic priorities to achieve
budgeted sales & profitability targets.ACCOUNTABILITIESLeadership &
- Build, lead, motivate and inspire the regional team to maximise
profitability and deliver on short- and long-term group strategic
and operational plans and budgets, whilst continuing to drive the
ongoing business operations.
- Build and maintain a positive high-performance culture with
strong employee engagement.
- Convey the company values to the crew through your
- Develop effective succession planning throughout the
organisation, building and maintaining a culture of ongoing staff
- In partnership with Head Office build and execute three-year
plan that supports Global Strategy for the North America, United
States regionFinance and Risk
- Recommend yearly budget for Head Office and subsequent Board
- Review the company's monthly financial results, ensuring that
results are managed within budgets. Where variances are expected,
proactively communicate such variations in a timely way to the
Group CFO and CEO.
- Ensure the financial stability of the company (e.g. working
capital, expense management, cashflow etc).
- Oversee regional inventory purchases for wholesale and retail,
to manage the risk of excess inventory.
- Ensure appropriate controls and review processes regionally to
ensure the company's assets are protected and risk of loss is
- Ensure full compliance with all appropriate legal and statutory
- Drive Health & Safety compliance and drive employee
- Develop the wholesale sales strategy to drive sales in the
North American market ensuring it's reflective of the global
- Build a long-range distribution plan that drives brand
awareness, growth and profitability in support of the DTC
- Develop and nurture quality relationships with both the sales
team and our customers, ensuring an active presence in market
- Maximize existing wholesale partners to further drive Rip Curl
awareness and market position through robust storytelling,
assortments, and activations.
- Grow our wholesale sales account base with market leading
product offerings, reflective of customer segmentation and
- Open new doorways for wholesale sales in the Region.
- Identify and execute on partner store opportunities, benefiting
both our existing customers and store growth ambitions.
- Ensure on time and in full deliveries to the wholesale
- Lead the sales team to achieve sales budgets by product
category and geographical territory.Marketing
- Execute global marketing assets in region to ensure we stay
within the principle of one world, one brand.
- Drive grass roots initiatives, inclusive of local team, events
and local POP.
- Ensure online presence is consistent and integrated with our
branding and product initiatives.eCommerce
- Own and drive wholesale growth opportunities outside of Rip
Curl's own eCommerce .
- Work with GM eCommerce to support eCommerce growth and unified
commerce deliverables in region.Product
- Ensure local product teams are following global merchandise
initiatives and working in an integrated cohesive manner with the
global merchandise team.
- Work with GM Product to ensure regional needs are met and
maximised while supporting 100% globalisation of the range.Retail
- Work with GM Retail on a retail expansion strategy for North
America, identifying the potential locations for retail expansion.
Execute to the agreed strategy with store openings as approved by
- Provide regular feedback to the global heads of retail and
product, on how our product and retail execution can improve.
- Ensure Retail crew are connected to the wider team and
developed through the business.Operations
- Execute on the strategy and direction set by the KMD Brands
Group functions and Rip Curl Global functional heads to ensure
process improvement, productivity, efficiency, quality, service, on
time delivery and cost-effective management of resources.
- Oversee brand operations in North America on a day-to-day basis
with the support of KMD Brands Group functions inclusive of office,
warehousing, logistics, service centre, customer service,
administration.Compliance & Intellectual Property
- Ensure Rip Curl operates lawfully and according to accepted
Corporate Compliance standards, including industrial relations,
employment, and safety laws.
- Foster and cultivate Rip Curl and KMD Brands' B-Corp
certification and Environment, Sustainability and Governance (ESG)
- Ensure knowledge and protection of our Intellectual
- Understand and avoid infringement of copyright and trademark of
other brands.Company & Brand Values
- Live the company & brand values.
- Ensure that all crew understand the company & brand
- Ensure that all business activities are in line with the
- Ensure your region portrays a brand voice consistent to the
brand values handbook, through close liaison with global and
regional ad promo managers.
- Conduct ongoing workshops to reinforce these values.
- Ability to charismatically engage & lead.
- Ability to motivate teams and simultaneously manage several
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule and travel.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and
- Demonstrated change management skills.
- Ability to develop financial plans and manage resources.
- Ability to analyse and interpret financial data
- Professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal
- Determination & commitment to succeed.
- Ability to demonstrate tenacity, initiative, and strategic
- Own intrinsic values are in line with company values:
- Creativity & Innovation
- Committed Crew
- Community & Environment
- Honesty & Integrity
- Ability to guide organisation in line with these company
- Lives the SearchQualification & Experience Requirements
- Tertiary qualification in relevant field.
- Minimum of ten years' experience in a leadership role for a
large division or company.
- Track record of driving business to exceed sales targets &
- Experience in formulating policy and developing and
implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Proven experience & success in coaching & developing executive
- Proven success in developing & managing talent.
- Understanding of and connection to the board sports industry.
FREE industry news delivered to your inbox daily
Keywords: Shop-eat-surf, San Clemente , General Manager North America, Accounting, Auditing , San Clemente, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...