Location: San Clemente
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Project Engineer and Project Geologist
About our Company
LGC Geotechnical, Inc. is a geotechnical consulting firm providing
professional services, from preliminary design through project
completion, throughout Southern California. LGC Geotechnical is
currently involved in some of Southern California's most
technically challenging and diverse projects including
master-planned residential communities, industrial developments,
municipal improvements, public facilities, and custom residential
developments. Current projects involve providing recommendations
for grading, landslide stabilization, liquefaction mitigation,
groundwater control, soil improvement, shallow and deep foundation
design, observation of deep excavations, and design of earth
retaining structures. Project sites are typically located in
Orange, San Diego, Riverside, San Bernardino and Los Angeles
About the Position
LGC Geotechnical, Inc. has an immediate opening for a Project
Engineer and/or Project Geologist with a solid work ethic, strong
organizational skills, and the capability of working in a
fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
The Project Engineer / Geologist is responsible for providing
direction and project management for activities associated with
geotechnical projects. Primary responsibilities include managing of
field staff and resources including budgeting and scheduling,
directing field activities, report writing, analyzing geotechnical
laboratory data, communicating with clients, and managing all
aspects of projects. Other requirements include ability to produce
neat, complete and concise reports, the ability to generate new
work, and preserve and improve existing client relations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Proposal writing.
- Supervise staff and senior staff level employees.
- Schedule and coordinate subsurface geotechnical evaluations and
- The engineer candidate should be able to perform (and the
geologist candidate should be familiar with) engineering analysis
including slope stability, liquefaction, foundation design,
retaining walls and other retaining structures, pavement design
- The geologist candidate should be experienced with (and the
engineer candidate should be familiar with) regional geologic
conditions, geologic evaluations, slopes stability/landslide
issues, fault rupture hazard evaluations, geologic mapping,
remedial grading determination, etc.
- Be able to perform all aspects of site investigations including
participating in field evaluations.
- Prepare project deliverables (work plans, correspondence,
reports, etc.) including technical writing, drawing preparation
both manually and using AutoCAD (site maps, geologic maps, geologic
cross-sections, groundwater contour maps, etc.), calculations
(gradients, soil volume, etc.) and data review and compilation
(spreadsheet tables, word processing tables, graphs, etc.).
- Develop and maintain client, agency, and contractor
- Manage projects and field technicians during grading and
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering, geology, geologic
engineering, or closely related discipline (Master's
- Minimum 7 years of experience in the Geotechnical consulting
- PE, GE, PG, or CEG in the State of California.
- Proven track record of successful project management and
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent communication and report writing skills.
- Positive work attitude and a thirst to learn and achieve
continuous improvement in a team environment.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications.
- Ability to work independently or in close coordination with a
team in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Ability to organize and adjust to changing priorities and
assignments, strategically plan and coordinate multiple tasks in an
- Must have own vehicle, valid driver's license and willing to
travel locally to job sites or client meetings.
We offer competitive benefits and salaries and an excellent work
environment. Our benefits package includes employee health
insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, paid time off,
401k and vehicle and mileage compensation. Group rates are also
available for family health insurance dental and vision insurance.
Compensation determination is based on experience &
Please submit a PDF copy of your resume and cover letter to Amanda
Amado --------------@----------.--- Come join our dynamic
Keywords: email@example.com, San Clemente , Project Engineer, Engineering , San Clemente, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!