Dual General Manager
Company: Aimbridge Hospitality
Location: San Clemente
Posted on: February 18, 2021
Your new career is just a few clicks away! As the global leader
in third-party hotel management, our growing portfolio represents
1,400 hotels in 49 states and 20 countries, from top international
lodging brands to luxury hotels, destination resorts and lifestyle
hotels. Our 60,000 associates around the globe are passionate about
serving our guests and driving exceptional results, and thrive in a
culture where everyone is inspired to be the best. Join a world of
possibility with Aimbridge Hospitality. Aimbridge Hospitality is
the largest third-party hotel management company with upscale,
independent and branded hotels across the Unites States, the
Caribbean, and Canada. Evolution Hospitality, based in San
Clemente, California, manages a carefully curated portfolio of
distinct and stylish lifestyle, boutique, independent and
soft-branded assets in key urban markets across the country. 2011
Crystal Drive, Suite 1100 Arlington, VA 22202 Aimbridge Hospitality
- 5851 Legacy Circle, Suite 400, Plano, TX 75024 - 972-952-0200
Dual General Manager in Austin, Texas - Careers at Springhill
Suites Austin Parme Skip to Main Content Please Enable Cookies to
Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all
the personalized features of this site, including the ability to
apply for a job. Welcome page Welcome page Returning Candidate? Log
back in! Dual General Manager Property Springhill Suites Austin
Parme Posted Date 1 week ago (2/5/2021 3:45 PM) ID 2021-23248
Location US-TX-Austin - US-TX-Austin Category General
Manager/Senior Operations Leadership Type Regular Status Full-Time
Job Summary This position will oversee the Springhill Suites Austin
Parmer and the Residence Inn Austin Parmer.-- The Dual General
Manager is a polished well-spoken and well-regarded ambassador who
carries a strong vision for the two hotels they support. He or she
is charged with responsibility for all aspects of operations for
their assigned properties; providing support supervision and
guidance to their management teams and front line associates. He or
she will ensure that financial performance is optimized that high
quality product and service levels are maintained and that the
hotels are operated in compliance with state federal and local
regulations as well as Company and brand standards. The Dual
General Manager will establish priorities and lead key operational
initiatives such as the sales plan and budget development and
execution of physical property improvement projects. They will
provide hands on leadership to ensure that revenue is maximized
while expenses are effectively controlled. They will serve as the
linchpin for communications with guests and clients associates
ownership corporate representatives brand representatives and key
vendors.-- Exempt managers must customarily and regular direct the
work of at least 2 full-time associates or their equivalents.
Primary duties must consist of administrative executive or
professional tasks more than 50 percent of the time and job duties
must also involve the use of discretion and independent judgement
more than 50 percent of the time. Responsibilities
- At least 6 years progressive experience in a hotel or a related
field; or a 4-year college degree and at least 4 to 5 years of
related experience; or a 2-year college degree and at least 5 to 6
years of related experience.
- Must be proficient in Windows operating systems Company
approved spreadsheets and word processing.
- Must have valid driver's license for the applicable state.
- Strong leadership and problem-solving skills will be used.
- This person will need to have strong speaking reading and
writing skills to ensure effective communication throughout the
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses
of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful high pressure situations.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace
including anticipating preventing identifying and solving problems
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information data
etc. from disparate sources and consider adjust or modify to meet
the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to understanding clarifying and
resolving the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information
and data and basic arithmetic functions. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an
attentive friendly courteous and service oriented manner.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming
which include compliance with Aimbridge Hospitality dress code and
wearing a name tag when working (per brand standards).
- Comply with and ensure adherence to Aimbridge Hospitality's
standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel
- Comply with certification requirements as applicable for
position to include: Food Handlers Alcohol Awareness CPR and First
- In conjunction with the Director of Sales ensure daily ABR
meetings focusing on the number of prospecting and existing account
calls each person will make and the potential business results of
- Assists in the creation and implementation of hotel's annual
budget plan and monitors performance of the hotel throughout the
- Play a pivotal role in hotel sales efforts including calling on
top ten accounts meeting clients hosting luncheons and receptions
and meeting with on-site contacts on a daily weekly and monthly
- Tour the operating departments daily making adjustments as
needed via department heads.
- Conduct weekly staff meetings including weekly training
sessions presented by managers and self using the steps to
effective training according to Aimbridge Hospitality's standards
and the review of previous and future sales and operations
- Conduct monthly financial calls with properties in a timely
- Hold a monthly financial review with all department managers
and available supervisors.
- Adhere to all Aimbridge Hospitality policies and procedures and
train new managers to ensure compliance.
- Ensure that training in service standards is taking place in
each department using the steps to effective training according to
Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Assist in creating a positive team-oriented environment which
focuses on the guest through employee development and
- Complete property visits on a consistent basis and provide trip
- Inspect rooms regularly (weekly at a minimum) with both the
Housekeeping Manager and Property Engineer.
- Ensure that all appropriate information for financial documents
is received by the Corporate Office monthly in compliance with the
monthly accounting calendar.
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of the physical property
through inspections and preventive maintenance programs with
- Ensure that employees are at all times attentive friendly
courteous and efficient in their interactions with guests managers
and all other employees.
- Review weekly and monthly financial position by estimating
revenues and line-by-line expenses. Analyze previous and projected
data to generate an accurate reforecast.
- Perform all department manager performance appraisals according
to Aimbridge Hospitality S.O.P.'s and ensure that managers are in
compliance with the standards in their administration of
performance appraisals to their staff.
- Motivate coach counsel and discipline all management personnel
according to Aimbridge Hospitality S.O.P.'s and ensure that
managers are in compliance with the standards in their
administration of counseling and disciplinary steps.
- Ensure that all employees receive fair and equitable treatment
according to Aimbridge Hospitality S.O.P.'s.
- Meet sales clients on the property including meeting contacts
and potential clients touring the property to assist in the sales
- Be in the public areas during peak times greeting guests and
offering assistance as needed.
- Maintain procedures for handling of the hotel safe specifically
with regard to security and initiate a monthly safe audit.
- Conduct bi-monthly credit meetings and take an active role in
the hotel credit and collection policies.
- Complete required corporate training modules and become
certified to train those as required.
- Ensure that all scheduled meetings take place on the property.
Property Details A top choice among hotels in north Austin, we're
located just off I-35 on Parmer Lane, 15 minutes from downtown
Austin. As a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence award winner, we
show every guest what true Texan hospitality is. Our guests enjoy a
free breakfast buffet every morning including classic American
items and healthy favorites such as hearty oatmeal and fresh fruit.
Designed for comfort, our suites have separate living areas with
flat-screen TVs, microwaves and mini-fridges and 25% more space
than average hotel rooms. Business travelers appreciate our hotel's
free property-wide WiFi and easy access to the nearby offices of
Dell, Samsung, TCEQ and Yodle. Here for a weekend getaway? We're
just 10 minutes from the Domain and a quick drive from downtown
Austin, 6th Street and Zilker Park.-- Benefits After an initial
waiting period, those hired into full time positions are eligible
for a competitive benefits package that includes the following:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Income
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k Retirement Plan Options Apply for this position Apply
Email this job to a friend Refer Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!Click here to get
started. Application FAQs Software Powered by iCIMS
Keywords: Aimbridge Hospitality, San Clemente , Dual General Manager, Executive , San Clemente, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!