Assistant Store Manager
Company: Under Armour, Inc
Location: San Clemente
Posted on: November 26, 2022
The Assistant Store Manager is an entry-level position into the
store management career path. The Assistant Store Manager supports
the Store Manager in the daily operations of the store. This
includes the responsibility of assisting the store in achieving its
sales goals, meeting merchandising standards and delivering
operational excellence through effectively leading a high
performing team. The Assistant Store Manager is expected to role
model Under Armour's Core Competencies and I
WILL behaviors in all actions and interactions in order to create a
positive Teammate and Athlete experience.
* Motivate and inspire the team by delivering a compelling vision
and purpose, which encompasses Under Armour's Core
Competencies and I WILL behaviors.
* Act as the leader on duty and consistently models the brand's
Athlete service standards and selling behaviors.
* Establish and communicate clear expectations while holding the
store team accountable for achieving all brand, performance and
* Build and support effective relationships with all teammates,
peers and supervisors to effectively lead positive change.
* Partner with the Store Manager to effectively execute all
performance management tools.
* Effectively communicate with the management team to align and
help drive business strategy.
* Proactively seek personal learning and development opportunities
to build leadership skill set and enhance individual
* Reinforce Under Armour Policies and Procedures and partner with
Store Manager on accountability for them.
* Lead/Support a Division of Responsibility (DOR) to assist with
the overall efficiency of the store. (Athlete Experience,
Merchandising, Brand, Operations)
* Participate in the development of teammates with an emphasis on
retaining high performing teammates.
* Recognize and properly resolve teammate performance issues;
communicate high priority issues to the Store Manager in a timely
manner and collaborate to develop a plan for resolution to minimize
* Support the mid-year and annual review process for all teammates
by providing feedback on teammates' performance to
Senior Assistant Store Manager and Store Manager.
* Proactively networks and recruit to support store's staffing
* Drive teammate engagement by recognizing and rewarding teammates
for their outstanding performance.
* Ensure that the teammates adhere to and enforce all employment
practices and policies.
* Maintain Under Armour brand standards of neat, clean and
organized sales floor, cash wrap and fitting room ensuring store
environment is safe for teammates and athletes.
* Support/Lead the efficient and productive handling of all
merchandise including shipment receipt and processing, floorsets,
markdown optimization and replenishment systems while maintaining
* Support the Store Manager in the execution of the short and long
term business plan that will drive KPI's and maximize sales
* Partner with the Store Manager to manage payroll and schedule
adjustments effectively to maximize productivity and achieve
daily/hourly payroll and sales targets.
* Effective use of technology to enhance athlete engagement and
* Contribute to the management of expense and operational
* Support our Connected Fitness efforts by the promotion of our
Apps and Social campaigns and athlete contests as appropriate.
* Support/Lead all visual directives ensuring mapping and floorset
are properly planned and executed seamlessly within allotted
* Analyze merchandise reports and direct brand appropriate
merchandising moves to maximize presentation and drive sales.
* Oversee and ensure efficiency of all daily operational
* Partner with Merchandising DOR to ensure all aspects of
replenishment are properly executed - Fill the Floor, power closes,
power opens and merchandise adjustments.
* Perform "level-sets" and make sure the store is replenished by
pushing all goods to the floor.
* Ensure store audit compliance and shrink results meet company
loss prevention standards.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
* Minimum high school education or equivalent.
* Minimum of 1 year of relevant leadership experience
* Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the
business, including holidays, nights and weekends.
* Computer and technology proficient.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with athletes and
* Ability to move or handle merchandise up to 25 lbs.
* Ability to freely access all areas of the store; including the
selling floor, stock and register area.
* Prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving & planning
* Knowledge and understanding of employment laws including
compliance with federal, state and local requirements.
* Communication, presentation, delegation and follow-up skills.
* Demonstrated proficiency in sales generation and ability to train
* Ability to analyze business trends and reporting to drive
* Ability to coach, provide feedback and partner on substandard
* Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented
* Ability to perform Essential Job Functions.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: From $20.00 per hour
* Employee discount
* Flexible schedule
* 1 year
* 2 years
* 3 years
* 4 years
* Day shift
* Evening shift
* Morning shift
Weekly day range:
* Monday to Friday
* Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
* San Clemente, CA 92672: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required)
* Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Under Armour, Inc, San Clemente , Assistant Store Manager, Executive , San Clemente, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!