GNC Flight Software Engineer
Company: Two Roads Professional Resources
Location: San Clemente
Posted on: October 24, 2018
Job Description: Our Client is in search of a highly talented GNC Flight Software Engineer to work on and lead embedded projects including autopilots, sensors, and large vehicle integration and architecture. The ideal candidate would have experience with unmanned systems and have a vision for the future of these systems. You'll work in a multidisciplinary environment with electrical, mechanical, GNC (Guidance, Navigation, and Control) and software engineers. You will have experience developing real-time, embedded systems using custom or off-the-shelf operating systems. The ideal candidate should also have a reputation for "hands-on" learning/building, quality, and work ethics. Our client is specifically looking for a technically sound, rapid-pace, entrepreneurial individual that understands the embedded engineering discipline and can easily manage projects for multiple technologies. Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Work with peers to establish requirement for flight software
- Work with peers to define software and system architecture
- Source, select and analyze flight sensors
- Design and implement flight control algorithms
- Develop flight simulation programs
- Design and implement simple and reliable flight software
- Write comprehensive unit tests
- Test software in simulation, hardware-in-loop and flight
- Support all levels of requirements development, management, and verification
- Develop and maintain system and subsystem specifications, use cases, diagrams, ICDs, operational flow diagrams, and integration development
- Conduct and lead team through documenting trade studies
- Work on the board support package, drivers, and/or sensors/servo/motor interfacing, control, and logic for the vehicle's avionics platform.
- Assist our Electrical Engineering team with component selection, bring-up and troubleshooting of custom hardware designs.
- Participate in the team's software processes including requirement and design documentation, test-plan generation and execution, peer design and code reviews, process feedback and improvements.
- Attend strategic conferences
- Responsible for on-time, on-quality delivery of personal workQualifications:
- B.S. or M.S. degree in aerospace engineering, computer science, robotics or equivalent field.
- 5+ years' experience developing C++ for embedded, high performance and other critical applicationsDesired Experience:
- Experience working in DO-178 environment
- Previous experience shipping a product
- Thorough understanding of computer architecture, operation systems and networking
- Ability to work in self-directed manner in a fast-paced environment
- Thorough attention to detail.
- Controls, Signal Processing, Safety Critical Software and/or Simulation
- Candidates should also have strong verbal and written communication skills, strong team building skills, and be comfortable working on large teams with talented engineering from other engineering disciplines. - provided by Dice C++, flight control algorithms
Keywords: Two Roads Professional Resources, San Clemente , GNC Flight Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , San Clemente, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!