Company: Pacific Architects and Engineers Incorporated - Mi
Location: San Clemente
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Supporting the Most Exciting
and Meaningful Missions in the World
PAE SCTTR is actively seeking a Boat Captain to
support the Southern California Offshore Range (SCTTR) contract, at
Naval Air Station North Island in San Diego, CA.
Essential Responsibilities (are not limited
- Master and Operator-in-Charge of a 114’ Range Support
- Overall responsibility for oversight of 7 crew as vessel safety
authority with ability to work through complicated scenarios in a
calm intelligent manner
- Vessel scheduling working with Port Captain and Gov’t Program
Manager to ensure full understanding of all mission
- Oversight of USCG required safety training/drills, vessel
- Oversight of SCORE/PAE required operation and security training
- Operation Safety Officer providing oversight of Mate in support
of all deck operations
- Interface with shore support to ensure vessel properly manned
and maintained to 100% mission readiness at all times
- Manual and electronic navigation with firm grasp of speed, time
- Understanding of mechanical/electrical/hydraulic boat systems
in order to provide augmenting experience to Chief Engineer
- Oversight of vessel preventative maintenance program
- Vessel trim and stability
- Perform non-routine and complex assignments involving
responsibility for planning and conducting a complete project of
relatively limited scope or a portion of a larger and more diverse
project, selects and adapts plans, techniques, designs, or layouts,
contacts personnel in related activities to resolve problems and
coordinate the work, reviews, analyzes, and integrates the
technical work of others
- Required to train/mentor and be assisted by lower level crew
- Analyze drawings or equipment to determine adequacy
- Must hold a minimum U.S. Coast Guard 500 GRT National Masters
License, valid TWIC card, Radar Operator Unlimited, ARPA
certificates. STCW certificate preferred.
- Must have minimum of 5 years’ experience performing as a
captain of a vessel of over 100 GRT.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain an Interim
Security Clearance (or transfer) in a timely manner, and maintain a
US Government (DoD) Secret Clearance for this position on the SCORE
- Proficiency in vessel administrative procedures and comfortable
with use of computer systems. Must be proficient in written and
verbal English language skills.
- Working knowledge of crane and deck winch operations
- Experience reading depth sounder, anchoring vessels with hard
tackle and sea anchors
- Experience in operation of vessels in all sea state conditions
with ability to make weather based safety decisions
- Understanding of launch and recovery of maritime based
scientific equipment or similar
- Local Knowledge of Southern California Islands and coastal
- Experience in small boat operations including launch and
recovery in up to SS-3
- Must be able to swim.
- Must be physically fit and capable of spending extensive day at
sea in all weather conditions.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs, be able to climb ladders and
- Knowledge of military operations is highly
High School graduate or GED equivalent.
Graduation from an accredited trade school, applicable military
service or proven performance gained through experience in
operating a vessel at sea.
****THIS JOB IS NON-ROTATIONAL. CANDIDATES MUST RESIDE IN THE
SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA REGION****
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for
employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender,
national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status,
ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure,
medical condition including genetic characteristics or information,
veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the
essential functions of the job can be performed with or without
reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under
federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Keywords: Pacific Architects and Engineers Incorporated - Mi, San Clemente , Boat Captain, Other , San Clemente, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!