Heavy Equipment Mechanic- First Group
Company: First Vehicle Services
Location: San Clemente
Posted on: June 19, 2022
First Vehicle Services is now hiring a Diesel Mechanic for our
shop serving The City of San Clemente!$30 - $45/HR Starting Wage
with a $1,000 Sign On Bonus!First things First: Who are we? First
Vehicle Services is a leading provider of diverse fleet management
and maintenance services in North America. Since 1981, First
Vehicle Services has been providing efficient and cost-effective
vehicle management and maintenance services at governments, school
districts, petrochemical companies, transit agencies, airports,
universities, and private organizations throughout the United
States. Why join First as a Diesel Mechanic?
- $30 - $45 per hour based on experience and qualifications (NOT
- $1,000 Sign on bonus! (Conditions apply. Offer expires
- An additional $.10 per hour for each ASE certification you
possess or obtain
- Company-paid ASE testing and training materials
- 9 day - 80 hour bi weekly full-time shift schedule and
consistent, year-round work
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities
- Benefits including medical, dental, vision, & 401(k)
- Paid holidays & vacation
- Annual allowances for boots and prescription safety
- State-of-the-art training programs
- Discounts on cell phone plans, cars, and more through the Perk
Spot program!About the Position As a Mechanic with First Vehicle
Services, you will help maintain and repair everything from ATVs to
heavy equipment and ensure vehicle readiness & safety. Other major
job duties include:
- Take the lead on preventative maintenance (PMs), safety
inspections, and annual maintenance inspections.
- Diagnose and perform all phases of vehicle and equipment repair
including brakes, suspensions, engines, drivetrains, transmissions,
and other repairs.
- Ensure work orders are completed accurately.
- Assist with road calls and emergency services as
necessary.Qualifications for Heavy Duty Technician
- Valid driver s license required.
- At least 5 years of automotive or diesel maintenance & repair
employment experience or a combination of technical school
education & experience.
- Strong diagnostic skills and problem-solving ability
- Welding and fabrication experience preferred.
- Mechanic s toolset
- ASE certifications preferred. Must be willing to participate in
company ASE certification program (company training, testing, and
- Be subject to a drug test.Get your career on the road with
First Vehicle Services! We aspire to have a culture where all
people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse
workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to
providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to
positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will
consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco
Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First
is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain
and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for
all. Associated topics: ansys, automotive, boiler, catia, bsme,
chassis, proe, propulsion, vehicle, vibration
Keywords: First Vehicle Services, San Clemente , Heavy Equipment Mechanic- First Group, Other , San Clemente, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!