Licensed Vocational Nurse
Company: Raya's Paradise of San Clemente
Location: San Clemente
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Description:The LVN follows MD orders and provides nursing to
- Provide care and supervision to residents (vital sign measure,
Injections, skin checks, medication & incontinence management,
communication with health care professionals, responsible parties
and administrators, diabetes control).
- Measure residents' vital signs daily, or as needed, notify MD
in case of abnormality.
- Check for skin break down, notify MD and DON.
- Be responsible for the safety and well-being of residents
(update appraisal needs and follow up with DON to ensure
consistency and accuracy).
- Assist in continuous observation of residents in regards to
their physical/mental/emotional well-being (during hours and after
hours, as needed).
- Document in EHR and eMAR all incidents, assessments and care
plans of residents.
- Check, create and submit all incidents and death reports to the
Department of Social Services.
- Assist with medication storing and distribution..
- Assist with medical and dental care, including
- Maintain community policies and procedures for overall
protection of residents.
- Inspect eMAR to keep up-to-date at all times, including but not
limited to: order medications, communicate with pharmacy and/or MD,
discontinue medications, etc.
- Communicate and follow-up with responsible parties to stay in
compliance with MD orders.
- Must be on-call for emergencies, to take calls after hours and
be available to return to the community.
- Provide active first aid, basic life support and CPR, when
- Notify DON of all occurrences and incidents with the
- Knowledge of licensing compliance, Title 22, RCFE
- Assist, train and supervision of delivering quality ADL's.
- Conduct training of care staff, when needed.
- Be available for care plan with families, when
- Proof of vaccination against Covid-19 and one (1) round of a
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be authorized to work in the US.
- Able to speak, read and write in English.
- First-Aid, CPR, and/or BLS certified.
- Experience with care and supervision for elders and seniors (6
months or more experience in health care preferred).
- Minimum six (6) months in a skilled-nursing or assisted living
facility, working with demented, geriatric or disoriented residents
- Minimum one (1) year of experience setting performance
expectations, collaborating with team members, promoting company
culture and conflict resolution.
- A positive approach for elderly with a desire to provide good
care and supervision.
- Ability to follow basic instructions and carry out assignments
- Ability to interface appropriately with other staff, residents
and family members.
- Ability to perform a variety of household duties preferably in
a residential care community setting.
- Exhibit empathetic interpersonal skills with residents,
families and co-workers.
- Clear and concise written, verbal, and listening communication
- Organized and punctual.
- Physical Evaluation clearance
- Drug Screen clearance
- TB Screen clearance
- Background Check clearance from FBI & DOJ
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
- Proof of current, California LVN license.
- Smart phone for schedule updates and communication.
- Reliable transportation.
- Valid California driver's license, good driving record with
active auto insurance.Raya's Paradise is an equal opportunity
employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national
origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including
pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), marital or
parental status, physical or mental disability, family medical
history or genetic information, military status, or unfavorable
discharge from military service. These protections extend to all
management practices and decisions, including any recruitment and
hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, and training and
career development programs. PI201719848
Keywords: Raya's Paradise of San Clemente, San Clemente , Licensed Vocational Nurse, Other , San Clemente, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!