Medical Assistant - XRay Technician
Company: Resiliency LLC
Location: San Clemente
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Job DescriptionEssential Functions:
- MA Essential Functions:
- Rooms patients utilizing best practice MA workflow and
maintains patient flow per schedule.
- Anticipates patient care needs and consults with provider as
- Documents patient information collected, care given and
treatments provided as well as charges in a clear and concise
manner in EMR.
- Assists with patient phone messages/tasks and documents in EMR.
Conducts callbacks per provider instruction, in an efficient and
timely manner while maintaining proper telephone etiquette.
- Organizes, stocks (using a PAR & Trigger system) and maintains
an orderly, clean and uncluttered work area, including but not
limited to exam rooms, procedure rooms and patient care areas.
- Maintains current knowledge of SJHMG clinical policies and
- Assists with procedures and administers medications within the
MA scope of practice and per provider order.
- Attends and actively participates in mandatory clinical
/business department meetings/in-services, staff meetings and
- Maintains current knowledge of medications, waste disposal and
- Maintains CPR and other appropriate certifications.
- Responds to and participates in all medical emergencies and
- Limited X-Ray Tech Essential Functions:
- Perform diagnostic procedures within licensure; achieving a
high level of image quality in a minimal amount of time using
correct anatomical markers.
- Maintains a clean, functional work environment to include
patient log maintenance, adequate supplies.
- Gathers pertinent previous studies, films, and patient
documentation to submit to Radiologist for interpretation.
- Performs visual inspection of image for exposure factors
(contrast, density, etc.) to ensure technical quality of digital
- Demonstrates knowledge and the ability to utilize IDX for
patient arrival and history retrieval, and Allscripts for charge
entry, pt. history, and creating radiology dictation markers.
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word, Windows.
- High level of customer services skills with a genuine caring
approach to helping people.
- Maintain a positive attitude with changing conditions.
- Demonstrates organizational abilities.
- Demonstrates dependability.
- Requires good written and verbal communications skills to
communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the
- Must be able to work under general supervision.
- Must have a professional and mature demeanor.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced department and handle
multiple tasks, work with interruptions, and deal effectively with
- Knowledge of anatomy and physiology to sufficiently perform and
assist Radiologists in diagnosing all patients.
- Ability to demonstrate technical proficiency in producing
x-rays with the ability to recognize anatomical structures.
- Ability to demonstrate competence in performing radiology exams
according to age-appropriate protocols.
- Bilingual English/Spanish communication skills. Minimum
- H.S. Diploma or GED
- Coursework/Training - Graduate of a State recognized vocational
School or equivalent.
- Coursework/Training - MA Diploma.
- Coursework/Training - Certificate of completion from an
accredited limited radiology program, including digital training.
Experience: 2 years of Experience as a Back Office Medical
Assistant/Limited X-Ray Tech in an ambulatory care facility or
medical group practice.Licenses/Certifications:
- XT X-Ray Permit in torso, extremity, chest and digital imaging
OR Certified Radiologic Technologist (CRT)
- Current BLS Certification Preferred Position Qualifications::
Experience: EMR and IDX experience Security Clearance Required:
NoVisa Candidate Considered: No
Keywords: Resiliency LLC, San Clemente , Medical Assistant - XRay Technician, Professions , San Clemente, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!