Ophthalmic Scrub Technician
Company: Ramin Tayami MD Inc
Location: San Clemente
Posted on: January 23, 2023
West Coast Center for Surgeries is an ASC, Medicare Certified
Center. We are hiring a scrub tech with Ophthalmology experience .
Responsibilites:Ensure the operating room is properly prepared for
the daily schedule, including:
- Preparation of supplies.
- Sterilization of equipment.
- Cleaning of the operating room.
- Checks work order for all equipment.
- Opening of sterile packs, instruments and supplies, assuring
that a sterile environment is maintained throughout the
- Preparing set-up of all surgical cases.
- Reporting and troubleshooting of all broken or defective
supplies or equipment.
- Assist surgeon throughout surgical case ensure compliance with
aseptic sterile technique.
- Checking and supplying operating room at the end of the
- Maintaining services from sales representatives to provide
equipment and supplies within budget.
- Organizing supplies and equipment in a space efficient
- Maintains equipment manual and updates in an ongoing
- Provides in-service to staff on sterile technique, equipment,
and procedures in the operating room. Maintains account sheet for
- Checks surgeon's preference card is current and
- Provides emotional support for the patient.
- Assists in reviewing all policies and procedures on a yearly
- Attends update and continuing education courses relevant to
- Attends yearly in-service for all required education updates
including, but not limited to, OSHA, fire safety and disaster
- Scrubs hands and arms, dries and dons sterile gown and gloves
according to AORN standards.
- Sets up sterile operating filed with instruments and supplies
necessary for that particular procedure; arranges instruments,
sutures, drapes and supplies per AORN standards.
- Maintains a safe environment for treating the surgical patient,
including safeguards to protect the patient from cross
- Obtains current basic CPR card. Attends yearly in-service on
fire safety, infection control, and unit meetings.
- Responsible for having correct sutures and instruments for
surgeon at all times.
- Isolates dirty or contaminated instruments and supplies as
used, so as to minimize the spread of infection.
- Assists in implementation of quality assurance
program.Pay-DOEJob Type: Part-time or Full-timePay: $22.00 - $35.00
Experienced in supporting Ophthalmology Qualifications: High school
graduate or equivalentCompletion of an appropriate surgical
technician program or previous surgical technician experience of at
least two (2) yearsAble to commit to 3-4 days/week. Surgeries
scheduled every Tuesday-Thursday, and 1-2
Keywords: Ramin Tayami MD Inc, San Clemente , Ophthalmic Scrub Technician, Professions , San Clemente, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!